In autumn quarter of 2021, come live, study and travel in Spain! Spain in Transition: Storytelling, Separatism and Synthesis is a joint program offered by the UW Department of Communication and International Studies.
Here are some details about the program:
- Based at the UW Center in León, a vibrant Spanish metro area of 200,000 about two hours north of Madrid by fast train
- An immersion experience in Spanish culture and traditions
- Open to all majors, with no prerequisites for any courses and no requirement that you speak Spanish
- 15 credits – you choose among courses in Communication, International Studies and conversational Spanish*
- Covered by the program fee (est. $7,950):
- 15 UW credits – no additional tuition
- Home-stay lodging with a León family (private room)
- Three meals daily
- Excursions planned to Madrid, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Santiago de Compostela, caves of Valporquero
Want to learn more? Attend an online Zoom info session at any of the dates below.
- Thursday | January 14 | 11:30 a.m.
Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98888033489
- Tuesday | January 19 | 4:30 p.m.
Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91500077434
- Friday, January 22 | 9:30 a.m.
Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98430339541
- Monday | January 25 | 4:30 p.m.
Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91767696722
- Thursday | January 28 | 1:30 p.m.
Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/92011948075
*All students take SPAN 199 at appropriate level and choose two of the following courses: COM 381 (Content Analysis, satisfies Communication methods requirement); COM 464 (Writing With Voice, can be taken for “W” credit); JSIS B 436/POL S 436 (Ethnic Politics and Nationalism in Multi-ethnic Societies, satisfies an I&S and W credit requirement).