Please note: This program has been postponed to spring quarter of 2022.
Come live, study and travel in Spain! Spain in Transition: Storytelling, Separatism and Synthesis is a joint program offered by the UW Department of Communication and International Studies.
Here are some details about the program:
- Based at the UW Center in León, a vibrant Spanish metro area of 200,000 about two hours north of Madrid by fast train
- An immersion experience in Spanish culture and traditions
- Open to all majors, with no prerequisites for any courses and no requirement that you speak Spanish
- 15 credits – you choose among courses in Communication, International Studies and conversational Spanish*
- Covered by the program fee (est. $7,950):
- 15 UW credits – no additional tuition
- Home-stay lodging with a León family (private room)
- Three meals daily
- Excursions planned to Madrid, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Santiago de Compostela, caves of Valporquero
Watch this recorded info session video for more information:
*All students take SPAN 199 at appropriate level and choose two of the following courses: COM 381 (Content Analysis, satisfies Communication methods requirement); COM 464 (Writing With Voice, can be taken for “W” credit); JSIS B 436/POL S 436 (Ethnic Politics and Nationalism in Multi-ethnic Societies, satisfies an I&S and W credit requirement). Learn more about the individual courses in the videos below.