Graduation is not an automatic process. Please read the details below to ensure a smooth path to graduation, earning your degree, and celebrating the occasion.
What is a Senior Meeting?
A Senior Meeting is a drop-in appointment completed about 2.5 quarters before you plan to graduate. (For example, if you plan to graduate at the end of spring quarter, it will be most appropriate to come in for your Senior Meeting in the first half of the preceding autumn quarter.) Senior Meetings may be done up to one year in advance, and are typically 30 minutes or less. The absolute deadline to submit a Graduation Application is the third Friday of the intended quarter of graduation.
To submit a Graduation Application, a Senior Meeting will be required.
In a Senior Meeting with an adviser, we will cover:
- Graduation Application
- Graduating Senior Priority
- Verify your remaining degree requirements, using DARS
- Verify requirements for any minors (if applicable)
- Important details to know about your final few quarters
- Recommendations for “next steps” (e.g. graduate school and career/internship exploration, etc.)
- Any questions you may have
To have your Senior Meeting, please make an appointment on our Advising Page (https://com.uw.edu/resources/undergraduate-advising/).
Please come to your Meeting with the following:
- Student Number
- Intended/Projected Quarter of Graduation