Communication Spain: Exploring Spanish Culture Through Storytelling and Social Inquiry uses the lens of Communication courses to gain insights into Spanish life and media. Learn about this opportunity to earn UW credits while living, studying and traveling in Spain! Here are details about the program:
- Based at the UW Center in León, a vibrant Spanish metro area of 200,000 about two hours north of Madrid by fast train
- An immersion experience in Spanish culture and traditions
- Open to all majors, with no prerequisites for any courses and no requirement that you speak Spanish
- 15 credits – COM 464* (Writing With Voice), COM 381** (Content Analysis), SPAN 199 (Foreign Study Spanish)
- Covered by the program fee:
- 15 UW credits – no additional tuition
- Home-stay lodging with a León family (private room)
- Three meals daily
- Excursions planned to Madrid, Segovia and other locations in Northern Spain; all excursions included in participation fee
- Total cost is $7,860, including two Study Abroad administrative fees and the participation fee
UW faculty coordinating the program: Andrea Otáñez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Randal A. Beam (email@example.com)
*Can be taken for “W” credit. ** Satisfies Communication methods requirement.
Check out our videos about the program, the courses and life in León.
Read stories from previous study abroad programs here.